Friday, August 5, 2011

A Sporty Saturday

Days are passing by swiftly. I could still remember the day when we all had fun loads on a fine Saturday. The day started in a usual way. Very Usual way. I logged in my desktop, checked out client mails, astrology etc., I started continuing the task which i couldn't fix the day before. It was a bit tougher task.

Prithvi entered with a nerd smile in his usual way. Well only his smile was nerd. I could say he is an epitome of fun filled enthusiasm. He would grasp all new technologies in seconds and always make me fall in wonder hearing his updates and quotes.

“Happy morning!!” he greeted in his peculiar voice. For him every day is happy day including Monday since he was very much liked by the management as well as the client. No wonder the credit would obviously goes to his knowledge and attitude.

“Very good morning!” I greeted him in turn and continued sending updates to my client just to let him get relaxed after a walk on a sunny day in the busy street.

Soon Davis, Yokesh and Karthik entered and started their usual chit chats and gossips about the management. Davis was professional and he would generally avoid taking part in other stuff than regular work. He had a strong background in his work for more than 4 years and that made him one of the key person in the team. “Good morning Davis!” I urged out of respect and he smiled back at me. Many a times his smile would be more powerful than his words.

“What a ****!” The statement started reverberating in walls of my ear– Typical statement that used to come out of karthik’s mouth every now and then. (I am sorry Karthik ;) I revealed it to my readers). Things were cool and I was continuing my work quite in my cubicle and Davis helped me to get my tasks done. He had always helped me. (Thanks a lot Davis!! ;)).


“Hae yo!! Good Morning all!!..” We heard a loud noise but very well –known. I turned my head back and great it was Krishnan with his laptop bag and a real clear smile on his face. “Good Morning Kris!” I replied with a smile shortly as everyone did.

Everyone settled down shortly and we managed to work for an hour quietly since we were supposed to work for two hours on Saturday. Most of us come on Saturday just to punch in the attendance ;). Work would be generally easier but we had been busy all the time. Having fun happened to be the main job for us those days. Clock struck 12 pm. Other team mates started signing out and soon Davis too joined one of his friends from a different team. “Happy Weekend guys!” – Davis bid a good bye sign and left the place.

To be genuine, we guys had organised a sporty noon with “Battlefield 3“game. Time flew by and it was 1.30 pm. Prithvi had already started installing the game in our desktops. Karthik was helping Prithvi. Soon they marched towards my system too. He transferred some data into my system and tried starting the installation. It took two minutes to start and Prithvi warned me not to disturb it until the installation gets done. I nodded my head obediently. But I could control only me and not my alter-ego. The naughty part of me clicked something amidst the process and things went wrong as poor Prithvi’s warned it might.

I pretended as if I am scared and spelled out innocently “Prithvi!! It displays some error message”. Internally I was happy and contented as if I achieved the noble piece price.

He looked at my face and gave a typical expression. I could hear his Malayalam words “Thullichi pennu” referring me knowing that I was the culprit. [Check out the meaning with any of your mallu friends]. It was fixed shortly by the tech geek. Soon “So guys!! What snack shall I get?” before Krishnan could finish this statement, I placed my orders. 2 lr sprite, 2 lr Fanta, 3 lays family packs each of different flavours, corn puffs.. I couldn’t stop but since Krishnan was already out of the door, I was forced to. Yokesh accompanied Krishnan coz he could not carry all at his own.

“All set to go!” – Prithvi took a deep breathe. Karthik woke up from his sleep hearing this. Soon Krishnan and Yokesh stepped in and I was trying to gather all info about the game and learnt some basics from google since I was totally new to it.

“Here we go” – the LAN connection was set and we all were given all needed instructions by Krishnan since he was a pro in the game. “I look cool in the army wear” – I shouted out of joy and entered into the field. Prithvi, Karthik and I formed a team and Krishnan and Yokesh remained as the opponents. It was sure a hard time for me that before I could begin shooting, I was shot down by Krishnan. I was killed for more than 15 times by Krishnan and Yokesh seemed to be a real gentle man since he left me alive as I begged on his knees not to shoot me. I tried shooting them both and at some points I shot Prithvi too without my knowledge. Note: Prithvi and I were the same team. Poor Prithvi held all these sorrows. (I feel sorry for that now Prithvi ;)).

The entire game was awesome. I tried killing at least one but ended up empty. Krishnan killed more than 100 men, Prithvi stood next in the order, Karthik and Yokesh couldn’t do well since I strongly scared them with my mimics and threatening tone. We were all done in an hour. The battlefield turned into a grave with 5 brigades walking proudly with a bomb blast in the background (this is how heroism is depicted in Tamil movies).

We all shared our views and soon all our eyes turned to the snack part. I was the number one active participant then. May be I was bad in shooting people in battlefield but I always win when it was for food. Our eyes turned furious and we all jumped towards the snacks cabin like werewolves.

I got a lays, a corn puff pack and sprite. Krishnan could get Fanta. Karthik and Yokesh got lays pack each. Poor Prithvi stood bare handed. He gave his innocent facial expression again. It made me laugh louder and I did. The kinder part of me made me give him some corn puffs. He smiled. [I can still remember it]. Everyone shared the snack and we all felt almost full.

The really sport began when Karthik was trying to taste the sprite and I tossed the bottle over his face. He dint expect that I would do it. Of course none else. He face was totally drowned. And I leave the rest of the reaction to you. He dint come out of rest room for half an hour.

My next target was Krishnan. To be honest, he was my first target. I wanted to take a sweet revenge with a great spirit and it was with sprite. I pretended that I was totally out of what has happened there and started unplugging my earphones from my desktop.

Soon the time came. The most expected time. Krishnan was spotted with sprite bottle in his hands. I regained all my courage and energy and fastened myself. As soon as I turned back to him, I was little disappointed. Coz it was Prithvi who was holding the bottle this time. I did not regret. With the same tactics I flashed and tilted the bottle over his face, but this time the damage was too much. Prithvi was almost flooded. He was standing like a newer version of “Fido dido” holding the sprite instead of 7 up.

The funnier part is even his shoes got sticky and he couldn’t walk properly. We blasted in cheers looking at him. Even my mobile phone tasted sprite that day and I wonder it is still working properly without any trouble. Thanks to Nokia. And Sorry Prithvi. But I could feel Prithvi too took it as fun.

Note: “That same night Prithvi slept off in his room without taking bath and the next morning he could see armies of ants marching everywhere around him and he could feel Hotspots all over his face.” – A reliable source said.

This post is dedicated to all my Team mates who worked with me at “…..”. Now I really miss all fun. Hope someday we could try the same fun with “Cold wax” instead of sprite.

4 comments:

  1. Ara ya sure "Thullichi pennu" is the exact word? as far as my knowledged, there is no word as Thullichi in malayalam ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prithvi Uses the word to refer me baby.. It means a "naughty girl".:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @anju Malayalam ariyaatha malayali ? :P well thats a local slang kannur , calicut bagathokke engane parayumm ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Prithvi: malayalam is not confined to kannur, calicut and slang differ too.allathey malayalam ariyatha kondalla, keetto! Am from south- trivandrum :)

    ReplyDelete